Horus Firmware Upgrade Advice Please

Tim Ballinger

Read the FrSky manual and some threads on the this forum but still have some questions i can not yet answer.

This will be the first time I have updated the firmware on my Horus 10 and I want to be sure I get it right !

1. I am currently on version 1.205. Is it ok to go straight to the 1.3004 Beta version or should i upgrade to the 1.303 version first.?

One reason for asking question 1 is that 1.303 have bin files based on stick mode ( 1 or 2 ) which 1.303B version does not have. Seems odd to me so I am seeking guidance.

2. These updates also require some file changes and folder additions to the Flash drive. I am presuming the procedure is to copy/replace these new files after the firmware update is completed. Seems like until this is done the Tx will be in some mid way state and may not be fully functional. Am I right?

Many thanks for any light that can be shed on my concerns

Tim

Advert

FYI for those that have an interest: a reply from Mike the author of several FrSky manuals:-

1. You can go direct to the newest build. Use the correct stick mode.
2. Copy all update files to the flash drive in one process before the firmware update. You will also most likely need to delete the “transmiterfile” that is in the SYSTEM folder. It stores the system settings. The biggest problems I see people having is not putting the new files needed in the correct place on the flash memory drive.
3. The duf is for OpenTX users that did not make a FrOS firmware backup before flashing OpenTX.

The stick build files were only in 1.303 and not the follow on 1.303B which is what made

wonder whether I could miss it out safely.
Tim

I'm not sure why they do that. It might be related to how the system creates a default model. But, when you create a new model you select the mode, so I'm not sure.

Mike
Mike

Edited By Tim Ballinger on 23/11/2019 16:28:03

And the last thing I discovered which might be of use to others.

As of 1.303 the FrSky OS has an LUA script facility. The scripts can be placed in a top level folder on the flash drive or SD card. Use a folder name of your choice as the path to the scripts is set from the FrOs system screen ( a new feature)

Tim

One more last thing...

1.303 had a bug fix for incorrect values of Alti-v

Alti-v is the vertical velocity from the G-RX8 rx which I had set up to beep at meet while thermaling ( if going up of course). In practice it was pretty unreliable and hence useless. The bug fix seems to have made it more sensitive and hopefully accurate. due to current rubbish weather, currently only tested by raising and lowering the model between floor and ceiling !. proof will be in flight when better weather returns.

This upgrade also claims to have fixed a bug with wrong values from the FLVSS lipo sensor but unlike the Alti-v , I was not aware of any bad readings !

So I think there is some merit in applying firmware upgrades after all !

Tim