Hobby Porter

GONZO

Hobby Porter

The FR810 is an 8ch flight controller with GPS and a built in FrSky D8R compatible Rx. Rx + GPS 18.8gm total weight. Looks interesting as its designed for fixed wing. Could be useful for sub 250gm 400ft distance limit with its 'geo-fencing', 'return to home' and 'loiter' capability??

Anyone have any experience or info on it?

Edited By GONZO on 02/01/2020 16:32:43

Advert

Hi Gonzo, I have no experience of this receiver, but having read your post, I downloaded the manual from the Hobby Porter website.

The manual is written in the usual Chinglish, which makes it a little hard to understand at times, but I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to sort out if you had the receiver to hand.

For the cost, about £30, delivered (what about customs duty?) at the very worst it's an 8 channel D Series receiver.

The only worrying part is that the only realistic way to test it is to set the parameters and fly it and finger crossed you've correctly understood the manual!

Might just be tempted to experiment with it when I've got my current build completed.

Cheers GDB

Decided it was worth a punt so ordered one. I've also been looking at the ZOHD Kopilot from Banggood ZOHD Kopilot Looks to be similar but without the D8R Rx compatible integrated in the main package. Both items are dedicated fixed wing items which I think may prove useful in stabilising sub 250g planes.Tempted to get the ZOHD Dart FPV ZOHD Dart The FPV version comes with everything except Rx and batteries. No registration required until 1/7/20 then to stay legal would have to remove FPV camera. I've done a search on here but no threads on the ZOHD Kopilot but 'Painless360' on YouTube has done some videos on it 5 videos.