Spektrum DX9 driving 4 aileron bipe wings, and spoilerons/flaps. HOW

Don Fry

I have sat here for a couple of hours, and have scrambled my brain cell. Every time I think I can do it, it all goes away, leaving me cross eyed. Bottom line is I am not good wth mixes.

I am finishing a Avicraft Panic biplane. It's a hooligan powered biplane. Power will be a 75 or 90 2 stroke. It has 4 ailerons, fitted with a servo on each aileron. I also want to have a spoileron /crow function, so when this bit is activated, I get the top wing ailerons go up by 25 degrees, and the bottom wing ailerons go down by 25 degrees.

Which will be amusing. I have a dream, at say, 25% throttle stick, gives me a tick over, and the spoilerons deploy when I pull the stick to 0%.

Is this possible with a Spektrum DX9?

Failing that, I can live with using one of the sliders to do the spoilerons/crow.

Two answers before asked.

Why?, because I want to. Get a Taranis/Horus, I will hunt you down and rip your throttle lever off.

Advert

Steve, I'm not proud, if the screen says this is a 4 foot glider, with a OS 91 FX attached, there you go.

I had a vague idea of doing a glider 4 aileron wing, with two flaps, and mixing the flap channels, into the ailerons, to produce the output in the ailerons. But the brain cell just can't cope.

• 3 weeks later...

Any way, thank you Steve. I finished the plane before embarking on the programming the aircraft on transmitter. I had a steer it would be possible, and with a little experimentation as to what does what on the camber system have it working as wanted on the left lever.

Odd how Spektrum buried a mixfunction, of obvious value to powered aircraft, in the sailplane area.

Thank you again. I maidened it today is very windy conditions. I did try the crows, 25° of movement. On tickover, deployed, and it fell into a vertical decent, and decended slowly. I took the crows off, and it settled into a glide. That's as far as I got as the timer went off and the tank is none to big. Then I went home, windy and turbulent.