Cab anyone ID this model, please?...

Foxfan

Hello all, a very good friend has just given me this model for when I get a bit more competent at the stick twiddling lark if the damned weather ever improves and we can actually GET to our field without mudsliding into the deep ditch next to it.

It's a bit of a mystery. Shoulder wing, not a kit as it has hand marked lines, etc. on many of its bits. The fuselage bracing looks a bit Forth bridge. Not even sure if the fin/elevator set are from this 'plane as the long threaded studs below the fin are way longer than necessary, but a perfect fit through the tailplane. It has a peg and screw canopy section and the canopy is an excellent fit, suggesting it came with plans or it really was a kit, this has not been chewed around to fit. Yet much of it appears to be a bit make-it-up-as-you-go. The wings are a servo in each half, fitted with tubes to slide on large diameter aluminium tube fitted through the fuselage. The wings are symetrical section and parallel with full width ailerons. Span is 5 ft-6" when assembled. There is a suggestion that it should have a radial style cowl, but I shall finish it with a "cheeks" style flat 4 nose. It appears to be designed for an IC engine. The wings both bear a clear, printed sticker with Angel in black, suggesting a proprietary source, unless the stickers are off a different model. The is no undercarriage.

Thanks, Martin

Edited By Foxfan on 31/01/2020 16:27:29

Edited By Foxfan on 31/01/2020 16:27:42

Mark, many thanks. That was quick!

You can see that the tail feathers that came with it are not the originals, but I'm sure I can do something with them. They are at least in proportion. Back of the fuzz appears a little spindly too, but strong enough. Whoever had it before the chap who I got it from seemed to try making an aluminium radil style cowl (without success), so I shall rework the nose to have F1 style cheeks.

Thanks again.

Martin