Graupner Vector Board. Quick review.

p1070360.jpgp1070363.jpgp1070364.jpgp1070361.jpgp1070358.jpgp1070356.jpgI scratch built 3 WW1 fighters over the winter months and thought those who have not tried Vector Board might appreciate my opinion although others might not agree.

Normally I build in 6mm Depron with wings covered in 50 gram glasfibre, but a club member kindly gave me a sheet of 6mm Vector Board to try. I found it to be very useful. Vector Board will flex without fracturing, does not tear easily, and is much more resistant to surface damage.

I found the downside to be that it is not quite as easy to work with as Depron It requires more frequent changes of knife blades to ensure clean cuts. Glue joints using Uhu por or epoxy need a little more care to ensure a good bond. I do not find paint bonds quite as well as it does to Depron and more work is required to attain a nice finish. I also found that it picks up dirt easily so definately needs painting.

I will definately use on all my fuselages in the future but will continue to use GRP covered Depron for the wings.This i because Vector Board does not lend itself to my method of building wings in a jig as it does not have the required rigidity.

Edited By Michael Barclay on 07/03/2020 21:05:29

Advert