Chrome covering

Foxfan

Litho plate is free, from printers! I have sheets of it. But it's not easy to use. Foils are very cheap, but require a very good base substrate, but are what I use on model cars and static model aircraft. It would be those rather than chrome films that I would use and I'm sure glassing would be necessary for getting the right substrate for foiling.

There is a very usable aluminium solder now which is easy to use, if making special silencers, cowlings, etc.

Martin

Advert

Here are two statements you've made in this thread Foxfan, the first statement is in your first post:

so I'm thinking it would need covering in chrome film,

The second is in your last post:

It would be those rather than chrome films that I would use

In between, you've doled out a lot of advice on how all the suggestions you've been given in good faith are poor solutions. You seem to already know the direction you wish to take on this front, so it does seem like most contributors have wasted their time offering you the benefit of their experience.

I look forward to seeing your results - should be great!

Your the only one who seems to have taken umbridge. I explained that I was looking for a covering and that could be chrome film. In my first post I was not aware if such existed. I was merely assuming as I have seen aircraft covered in something very bright. Ken helpfully proved there is with his Pushy cat pics.

Everyone else has offered their experiences, all helpful, but I do NOT want to use paint, whatever some of you think, that's where the discussions seems to be happening. Argue all you want, but I won't use paint to represent aluminium. I was just asking if some kind of covering would work for that and still be safe for radio. The upshot I have taken is that as long as the aerial ?s is/are outside you have a chance.

I mhave already thanked those who answered. Maybe in your rush to score forum points you missed that. Maybe you could get tested and return to work. You clearly have too much time on your hands.

I really have had enough of this forum finally.

M