Binding RX6R and QX7

Harry Wilson

Hello,

I've updated my Tx and a recently aquired RX6R to the latest v2.1 D16 LBT sofware for EU use in an attempt to cure this problem but the outcome of the bind is still a flashing red led with a steady blue led on and no sight of green activity.

Updating my Tx did affect my X4R which then refused to bind but after updating that as well to the latest sofware it appears to be working as normal. Has anyone else got this problem or have any ideas as to what I could try next. By the way the older versions of the software which were installed didn't work either and I'm assuming that I'm stuck in failsafe mode.

Regards,

Harry

Advert

Hi Harry. I certainly don't understand all the detail of FrSky's recent RF firmware changes. So I'm probably not going to be much help.

However, I have seen that the very new D16 is not compatible with old D16 and that they haven't yet got new D16 firmware available for all receivers. So it's entirely possible for us to download latest available copies of firmware for everything we have and end up with incompatible gear.

If you've updated the RF firmware (not OpenTx) of your QX7, that may have taken it beyond compatibility with any RX's that they haven't written new D16 for.

That is how I understand the situation. But I could easily be wrong.

I know Richard Bago at T9hobbysport is very clued up on this. Maybe give him a call?

Hello Chris,

That's very helpful thanks. I'll try and contact Richard then as the next step. I've also posted on RCGroups but so far have not found anyone who has made this work. There is at least one other chap with the same problems with an RX4R and a QX7. By the way my X4R and Qx7 seem to be working ok and both have the latest 2.1.0 software installed.

Harry Wilson

Hello Again,

We'll I've just got off the phone after talking with Richard at T9Hobbysport and the problem is now fixed. Richard certainly knows his stuff.

Believe it or not I was plugging the power into the Rx during the binding process upside down because I was misinterpreting the diagram in the Overview section of the manual. The signal pin is NOT the pin nearest the PCB....that little box which shows the signal, + and - should have been positioned alongside the row of pins and not underneath it. The signal pins are furthest from the PCB with + in the middel and - next to the PCB.

As Richard pointed out the Rx will still power up with the connector plugged in the wrong way around which convinces people they've got it right when in fact they have'nt. (We don't know why this happens but it does)

So a very big thankyou to Richard, T9Hobbysport and you Chris for the help.

Regards,

Harry Wilson

Edited By Harry Wilson on 21/04/2020 11:26:35