FLAME-OUT

Euan Nichol

Euan Nichol is my name, I live in Melbourne Australia (have lived in UK for on and off for some 8 yrs) Recently returned to Aero Modeling when an old 2 page copy from RCM&E was found amongst some old relics. The date and Number of copy is unknown, but has page # 644 on bottom corner and features Martin Fox's FLAME-OUT with 2 fullsize wing rib pattens (inner and outer) and fus diagram, roughly to 1/4 scale. Martin said it was a quick build, he was probably right. So it inspired this person to have ago while shut away with Carona Distancing !

Am at point of Fus sides ready to come together. Two wing halves almost complete (built wing conventionally- not worked with foam b4).

Questions : Are there further plans or information about this model ?. In what copy of RCM&E was it placed? On the 2 sheets I have some dimensions appear to be missing - wing dihedral not given it seems, and how and where were aileron actuation connected up ?

I would appreciate any comments on the building and flying of this interesting model, any traps or modifications. It appeared that Martin had it pretty sorted after 3 prototypes!

Thanks in anticipation, and look forward to some conversation on the subject

Cheers Euan

Advert