Spektrum AR6200

John Gallard

HI john

The AR6200  is a full range receiver, BRC  recommend by themselfs not to use it beyond 1000ft of cousre they have done there own tests on all of the rx's they have

The AR7000 is full range as well but this is line of site

I use the AR6200 for smaller planes something like the ripmax spitfire and helicopters but for my larger planes and my i.c ones its the AR7000 all the way, for about £10 extra its not worth losing your model

Rob

I have actually found that most ( have not used them all ) of the spekky rcvrs are very good on range. I have several large models ( 60") that use the so called "park fly" AR6100E and I often fly almost out of site - never had a single issue with any of them.

I have heard Scott of BRC complain that he doesnt think the AR6200 is a full range rcvr -  but it is marketed as such by HH.

This still seems a bit 'wooly' Whilst local conditions may have an effect (is this more serious to 35mhz than 2.4ghz?) it is surely reasonable for the manufacturer to state line of sight ranges. I have no wish to fly out of sight or anywhere near that (any tips on judging 1000ft!) but when thermal gliding I imagine this could be a problem