Wonderwings Aerostar

If you were a regular at the Sandown Park shows in the late 70s and early 80s, you couldn't have failed to see these big control liners flying combat and aerobatics.  They were tough .40 powered birds and it looked as if the same ones came back year after year, just a bit more oil soaked on each occasion.  They had a jet fighter-ish profile fuselage about 3ft long of 1/2" balsa, foam wings of about 4ft span, and what I think were wooden tail surfaces.  The wings were usually covered in garish wrapping paper.

I have trawled the internet trying to find a picture, so  can build something similar.

What I would really  like are enough dimensions to get a close likeness, i.e. wing root & tip chord, wing section, nose length, wing to tail distance, tailplane span & chord &  elevator chord; and did they have flaps?

I noticed the Barton Model Club have some references to them on their forum, but no pictures that I can see.

Can anyone shed any light?  

Thanks

Robin

Advert