Night Radian

aquila

Just setup the above and find that the elevator section on the side of the rudder away from the linkage does not travel up as far as the side next to the linkage by 5mm - has anyone had this or is it not a concern? This is on minimum throw,

Thanks

Advert

I have the ordinary Radian and had to move the elevator horn in towards the rudder. As standard it was too far out and the wire pushrod had to bend outwards giving stiff control with bad centring. My Radian did have different elevator movements too. Can’t remember if it was as much as 5mm. In the end I put a piece of flat carbon strip across the joiner.

I've recently purchased a 2m Night Radian but only flown it a couple of times so far. The elevator set up (just connected and used) required no mods. It is rather sensitive and gentle handling is necessary. I did find that the CG proved to be tail heavy in the initial set up so a small amount of lead to the nose was added. Will trim further after a few more light wind flights!

Good Luck

SW