Chopped easyglider

Hi-

I'm a relatively new flier. Most of my experience has been on a 2m powered glider, 3 channel. I now know what I like and I have a decent radio so I'm now looking around for a new model . Something like a conventional aileron trainer with slow speed ability for my park. This is what I fancy-

Foamie construction. - i like bouncy models. Preferably Elapor. I also like undercambered wings.

Ailerons - so i can learn how to use them

Not too big - Wingspan 1m - 1.6m   -  so I can cycle it all to the park!

Electric li-po abd brushless power setup. Quiet and reliable.

I'm amazed there seems to be nothing on the market to suit.  (Graupner Terry, Multiplex EasyGlider, Multiplex Mentor all come close) so here's the idea- convert a known glider to use as a trainer.

1. Take a stock EasyGlider and chop 300mm off each wingtip. The sticky up bits.

2. Regain the loss of lift by increasing angle of attack (or is it incidence??) 

3.Increase dihedral by ....er...

( ok I havent thought this through - anyhow you get the drift. but I'm sure theres a way.)

So --  Any opinions on how this would fly?     

Cheers

Richard

Advert

As said the wings all un clip on the easy glider pro and it does fold up nice and compact if you cut a slot in the box it came in  for the tail and the elevator to poke through you get a carry case which will strap to you bike and the wings slot inside the box. I have heard of people cutting the ends off the wings for more aerobatic performance. The loop rate is pretty good and I find that unless you want snap rolls etc then leave the wings alone. Stick in a hot motor and I think you wont go wrong axi 2820/10 with a 9*6 it goes vertical then once at height just cruse around or thrash it. If you mix in air brakes using the aerolons and elevator you can catch it on landing as well but it takes practise.