Sanwa Budy Box

Hamish

In the first instance I aquired a VG600 system.  After a comment made at a local field it suggested Futaba was the preferred and I thought I would have difficulties/delays.  I then managed to pick up an RD6000 to make me selfsufficient.

On reading the instructions for buddy box operation the VG600, RD6000 and the buddy lead instructuions all say not to power the trainee(VG600) as it will take power from the master(RD6000). 

It don't work that way and requires both to be switched on.  Xtal only in Master

Any comments? 

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

When I used two RD6000's certainly it did work as the manual says, eg the slave Tx not turned on and power coming from the master Tx. We never used to remove the Xtal either. Have you tried it with the Xtal in and the slave Tx off?

The manual certainly says the RD6000 can be used with the VG600. I presume you are using a Sanwa buddy lead.

Perplexing.

Regards Alan

Thanks for your input Alan

Examination of the RD pcb board showed a burnt track which was I suspect the root of the problem.  This has been repaired.

The buddy lead has been modified, with the very able directions of the manufacturer, to be ground and signal in and out only. System now operates with the RD and VG operating under there own power.  No Xtal in the VG.

Had first flight with them this weekend and all worked satisfactorily.  Now setting about balancing the trims. Found that the trim was pretty much zero adjustment on the RD but off scale on the VG.  I think because you have so many electronic variables on the RD that it can make it a difficult task.

Found battery life down a bit so may just get new batteries