Whose still using kit from the old RCME plans

gangster

Just wondering who has build the electronic projects from way back. and are still using them

I have the battery checker still in use every flying trip,

the on board version in one of my models

the charger/cycler still used

and I used the RCME FM digital radio system from 1979 way into the 90s, it still works but not used now

Advert

Well I did build many of them, but frankly with the relatively low cost of new and far superior equipment available today, and the incompatibility of the gear with todays modern batteries and radio gear....they have all been redundant for donkey's years!

I do however tend to dismantle all these old things and keep all the parts - although god knows what I am ever gonna use an ancient old germanium PNP transistor, and "beehive trimmer" for these days

( watch for the comments now from the kids about trimming beehives )

I still use the battery cycler and charger regularly - it gives a fair guide to how good the nicads/nimhs are.  They were actually two different projects, I just integrated them into one case.  I gave up on the RM Digicon tx last year, just too fiddly compared to my FF6.  I'm still using the micro rxs though, I added the DSP decoder stage from Micron and they're now as good as any commercial 35mHz single conversion units.

I'm also using a Micron PL6D tx less the rf stage to run flight simulators, just to remind me how bad the closed gimbal sticks could be.

Ah beehive trimmers, yea reckon I could lay my hands on a couple of those somewhen together with a few germanium pnps

Bob re the Micron DSP stage yea I added it to a very elderly Micron RX , and agree its as good as any commercial RX

Re the PL6 many moons since I have used a closed gimble stick, Skyleader clubman was the last one I had, but tell you what \i went all flash and bought the PL7D when it first came out, big mistake those open gimble sticks really were open and the rain got in, should have had a PL6.

Trying to remember but I recon I did the same as you with the cycler/charger