Hello

Bosh

Hi all

I've just started with RC aeroplanes having been encouraged (persuaded) by my older brother who's been flying for a few years.

I have posted on another thread about the typhoon I'm building (HELP) but thought I'm being rude by not introducing myself, so here it is, hello

I have no experience with aero modelling up until now (I know the typhoon is no good as a training plane) but really enjoy building things so this seems like an ideal hobby, until I bury my first model at least

It's a shame I found this forum after spending over 10hours on the typhoon but hopefully someone will have a good solution for me. No doubt I'll be firing plenty of questions through the forum in the future to hopefully stop me from dropping another doozie.

Cheers

Huw

Advert

Hi Huw - and welcome to “The Friendly Forum” 

If you have not already done so, could I ask you to have a read of these few guidelines we have listed to help you with using the forum…. read the “pinned stickies” which are shown with a red “pin”.

Here’s a few other links which may be helpful.

Perhaps this in particular may help

And this.

For a list of clubs in your area try this…. http://www.bmfa.org/clubs/index.html

Finally…..please consider filling in a little about yourself on the profile page - that way you will be sure to get more response to your questions!

You don’t have to go overboard - take a look at a few others and you will get the idea.

Once again, welcome on board and have fun!  Timbo.

Thanks for the reply; I'll fill in a bit on my profile now

My brother is a trainer in a local club so no problem finding one of these (looked on the database and he's the contact)

My main interest atm is in building 'planes. I have a few free plans for suitable trainers so will move onto one of these soon to get some practise in before flying the typhoon (assuming I can get it finished)

OK then, I've ticked the box

By comparrison I'd have thought marines were way more expensive 15 years ago, more difficult to keep too! There's so much equipment around these days that a reef tank is as easy as keeping 'ordinary' tropical fish.

RCT = Rhondda Cynon Taff. Used to be known as Mid-Glamorgan but I think the councils needed something to do to justify themselves and being such an affluent area with no social problems this was all they could come up with. I live in the Cynon bit

I don't know about the rest of the country but the weather here in the deep dark Welsh valleys is unbelievabe today. Luckilly for me I live quite high up so I'm pretty safe from flooding. If the house does flood the rest of the country has got serious problems