WANTED TrueLine Tiger

Dave Cotton

Produced by TrueLine as a kit in the late ‘70s the Tiger was a popular (in our club at least) .40 size sports aerobat with the look of the Northrop F5 Tiger. I always wanted one but couldn’t afford it back then, but if anyone has a built airframe (even if tatty, I can restore it), or an original kit or even a plan from the kit, I would be very interested in buying it. I know that there are similar designs (F-20 Tigershark and the Tigerpanzer, both plans on outerzone) but to my eye neither captures the elegance of the TrueLine design. If not then I’ll try to recreate it from scratch using the few images that are on the internet and a fading memory.

Advert

I looked there a while back but have just had another look - no joy, but thanks anyway. Perhaps they were not as prolific as I remember, (halo effect) yet they were exported to the States and distributed there by Hobby Lobby and there weren’t too many Brit kit manufacturers who’s products made it across the pond back then. I’m pretty sure that I can remember the plane advertised in RCM&E but maybe that’s a false memory - I can’t even remember where I left my glasses nowadays. I have attached an image of the kit box art that I found on the ‘net, in case it jogs anyone’s memory.

9E4CA737-AD08-4062-AF74-9C315208877D.jpeg