Receiver output voltage

Advert

Most speed controller BEC circuits will supply 5V constant  to the receiver, and  yes this voltage will be the same irregardless of the battery supply. If you wanted to double check....stick a meter across the wires of the plug from the ESC which goes into the Rx.

As stated...ensure the ESC can handle the number of cells you plan to use in the main battery.

I doubt you will find 5v LEDS - they usually come in lower voltage flavours than that around 2V is quite normal - its the current that will kill 'em, so you need to insert a suitable resistor in line with them to drop the current to a safe level.

Many LEDS start at around 20 -30ma current draw, but several are quite a lot higher. generally speaking, the higher current ones will be brighter. Heres a chart for you.

Hi Timbo,

Thanks for the link.

Yes, maplins and rapid do 5v led's.

Ive spoken to one of the guy's at rapid's and worked out which led's and resistors to use.

When i get them and make a circuit ,i'll let you know how it went.

Timbo, you are a mind full of information, many thanks.

vince

Yes thats quite right - any LED of any "voltage" can be run from any supply - its just a question of ensuring the current limiting resistor is of the correct value, and as you say sometimes these are fitted within the led itself - as are sometimes microsized flashing circuits to produce an off the shelf solution for a flashing LED