Anything and EVERYTHING

Crash dummy

Advert

Drawing the thread back to Modelflying, What draws people to the different kinds of Aero Modelling?

As of yet im undecided, although I have allways liked warbirds. I would love to be able to make a Jerry Bates, Ziroli, Brian Taylor etc plan. If only I had the skill, patience, money and Knowledge! On the other hand I would love to be able to do loads of fancy stuff in the sky, chucking the model around in many varied and strange angles.

Also I love the engineering side of all modelling, all the fidelly stuff. Like a scale undercarrige on a F4F or something similar. It just amazes me how they twist and turn without buckling and stuff!

What does everyone else think? 

Ben

P.S. Is that the kind of thing you were after John?

In a word no! we all aspire to one thing or another. In Erics case he loves electric models. My model world revolves around methanol and oily stuff. The old saying that "you pays your money and takes your choice" aint too far wrong here. However, i am considering a go at an electric model and people are giving me their best advice on here.

• 2 weeks later...