Great Support from T9Hobbysport Rotary Encoder for X10

Just to praise the response I recently had from Richard at T9. I needed a new rotary encoder/push switch for a Horus X10. It is a second one that I got as a buddy box. ( I knew the state of it when I got it, I just thought I could live with it) While the push switch still worked there was no "click" which I decided I could not actually live with. They were not listed on the website so I contacted Richard to see if he could help. The outcome, only a week later, is that he now stocks the necessary part, and they are listed on the website. I have replaced the broken part and my transmitter is now 100% functional again. The price is very reasonable and they are an exact replacement. There are similar looking parts available on ebay which will fit the board, but the shaft length is different, and the encoding switching is different, so they are not suitable. For anyone else with a similar problem the only caution I would give is that you need a good level of soldering skills, or know someone who does. The encoder is soldered directly into the board and is not easy to remove. Cutting the legs and then removing the stubs individually from the board is probably the best way. The holes then need careful clearing of solder to allow the fitting of the new part. I am a professional electronics engineer so it was no problem for me.It still took half an hour.

Edited by Chris Marshall
Typos