Alex 2.1mtr & 1.5mtr from Ace Models

Hi all,

I'm new here but wanted to post a very positive message concerning the service and quality of products from Ace Models who hold the Nan Models line of gliders, amongst others. Austin has been very patient talking me through the first tenative steps into moulded gliders and I have been delighted with the service, advice and support provided. I usually fly electric but have been messing around with gliders for a few months and have been captivated with the sheer flying qualities of this side of the sport.

I hope to participate here as and when time and work commitments permit.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Advert

Flys nicely, though I've not got it fully "on-song". 

I'm using Futaba 3150 servos throughout and I managed to squeeze in a home made 4 cell AA 2600mah battery pack.
I also added a home made ballast tube (a piece of plastic plumbers pipe), and made up some ballast slugs from some brass rod.

The build was very straight forward, however getting the flap movements right took a bit of work.
To get the flap movement, I used a dremel to grind a slot in the tailing edge spar. Doesn't seem right to have to do this, but I've had no problems.

Still got an awful lot to learn, but let me know if I can help.