Cosford Restoration Centre.

Terence Lynock

Paid a visit to the Michael beetham Conservation Centre which is tucked away behind hangers 2 and 3 at Cosford Museum (not normally available to the public) and took a few shots of the stuff in the process of restoration.

The Battle is coming along nicely but although the last group to work on it did some excellent work they did not have time or resources to do everything and thats why it is now at Cosford, the trailing edge of the Starboard wing needed replacement as it was like a Tetleys tea bag.

The Hampden still looks like it was dragged off a mountain in Norway but the me 163 is having a complete investigation and overhaul for the first time since it was assembled in early 1945 I think, I suppose like all the other warplanes of any merit it will disappear down the M40 to London one day soon.

Hendon have stripped Cosford of the Me 262, Liberator, Kawasaki Ki 100, Spitfire FR14E and a number of other aircraft lately, it surprises me that the Me 410 is still at Cosford,

best regards,     Terry

P.S photies in 'Terry's Trash Heap' about page 2 or 3. 

Advert