I think I'm going to call this one Christine.

David Davis

Years ago I bought a WOT 4 Classic off eBay for £20. You could describe it as "well-flown!" The wing was held on by rubber bands and cosmetically it was in a bit of a state but what do you expect for £20? I also had a Mark 3 WOT 4 which was damaged and I hadn't the enthusiasm to repair it so I put both models in the club hut with a note advising people to take them away free gratis and for nothing.

One of our younger members, Ludovic, took the Mark 3 away and he's made a splendid job of the model. He hasn't flown it yet because he's recently become a father so his free time is limited. All of his models and even his flight box look immaculate. He works as a panel beater for a Volkswagen agency.

The other one was taken away by a retired master builder Guy, whose models are similarly very well presented. He works very quickly too. The fact that he doesn't drink has probably something to do with that! He stripped off all of the covering and replaced it with brown paper then painted the whole aircraft in matt orange paint. Then he gave it back to me!

Our club has a Facebook page. I needed to have a clear out. I offered the WOT 4 and a Flair Harvard for free on a first come first served basis. The Harvard went straight away but no-one wanted the WOT 4 even with an old but sound Enya 45 and instructions to convert it to electric power thrown in. I even showed some footage of a WOT 4 being flown by a young expert in my "annonce." I have a number of spare engines and servos which I could fit. I'm deeply in love with my Enya 50 but perhaps an all-British set up would be better. I have an Irvine 53 which I've never started. Thumbnail of the model below.

PS.  "Christine" was a film, something of a cult classic, about a 1958 Plymouth Fury which came back to its first owner because it didn't like the man who bought it!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Txl_MM5tK0

WOT 4 (1).JPG

WOT 4 (2).JPG

WOT 4 (3).JPG