Trex 550X, TX 16iz, FBL CGY760r help please

Andy Remedios

Hi, back in to helis after 15yrs, I have it flying great, I can do circuits, rolls, loops flips etc, nothing 3d fancy just chilled. not looking to fly 3d just be confident & fly scale at some point.

I fly mode 2, spool up in a slow start, switch into idle 1 (2250 rpm) fly & land then kill it.

1) Would I benefit flying with conditions set, i.e for rates, gyro, head speeds?

2) What advantages would running the governor via esc vs cgy760r gyro? currently I don't know what's controlling it, I now have a esc programming card

3) I can't get the rpm telemetry to show on the tx

Thanks for any help

Andy

Advert

Sounds like you're getting back into it okay.  I can't really help with your radio/telemetry setup, but I would say that with my two Trex 500 and one Trex 550 I use the ESCs governor because it's a lot simpler than using the governor function in Arducopter progam.  I use CC Talon 90 ESCs and with the programming card I know you can program two different governed speeds which will be triggered by throttle channel value.  My slow spool up is controlled by the ESC.

• Like 1