Swopping ends

ok elecy guys

hopefuly timbo will be reading aswell, how do i go about swapping the shaft around so i can mount the engine opps motor inside the fuz, it has a cir clip on one end and two grub screws on the other, also instead of using the metal plate that came with it, i have put a 3mm ply mounting plate on the fuz what size screws do you guys use/recomend, all new to me being a dirty oily man who is converting to lecky,

oh another thing do you use any thread lock/cyno on the mounting screws?

cheers in advance andy

Advert

Usually its a case of removing the circlip loosening the grub screws and giving the shaft a good clean whack with summat - it will then protude through the "other end"leaving the rotor behind the firewall, and motor fixed from front of firewall into tapped holes on the "fixed" end motor plate, which will likely be tapped. Refix the grub screws with loctite yes, but very sparingly on mounting screws.

Obviously proceed with cauiton in doing this, as a cock up could cost you a motor !

If its still refusing to budge, then Scott at BRC will talk you through it.

A bench drill press will aid getting the shaft pushed out and fitted back again. It's easy if you have access to one.... otherwise gentle application of a big hammer, judiciously placed blocks of wood to prevent damage and a brass (or similar) piece of bar to use as a drift .

If the drill press is available then fit something like a nail, or short piece of piano wire into the chuck. Support motor on wood pieces and then press down as though drilling - but don't switch the drill on !

Fit the shaft into the chuck and then press it back into place.

This is the subtle method... the other method uses a big hammer !