Keecat 65

Wilson H

Advert

Blimey, that's going back a bit. I had a Richmodels Keecat 65 must be 15+ years ago. They were hard to come by at the time - and as far as know  they've been out of production for ages, so unless a used or unstarted example comes up, I fear your search might take some time. Pricewise, I really couldn't say but as they are old school with not a big audience now, probably not big money. Nice model that flew very nicely without any nasty vices. I only sold it on after a while because I wasn't happy with the noise from the IC setup I had - 65 two stroke I think and the fairly smallish three blade pusher prop did tend to make a racket. Considered Electic but never followed that through, probably would have been OK even with the tech available at the time.

Don't know your reasoning for wanting one, but there's plenty of alternatives in terms of EDFs that are excellent these days, sound much nicer and would be not that much more expensive than old school propjets of a similar size.

Good luck.

Edited by Cuban8

I had never heard of the Keecat 65, so I'm sure there are others in the same boat.  Here's a picture of one:

Richmodel Keecat 65

KEECAT-65.jpg.7ea705aaffdf0831385ca40cd99955dc.jpg

Quote:
"...

Keecat 65 is a well designed pusher prop jet. It is stable and easy-to-fly. It tracks great and slows nicely for landing. After it takes off, pull the supplied retracts up, and it's ready to rock!

It has three undercarriages that can be retract. It is constructed with high quality laser cut parts and assembled under the most demanding quality control. With retracts and double boom tail, this plane will fly like it is on rails. Fast and smooth!

The kit comes with all hardware, retracts, canopy, fuel tank, wheels, wheel wells, and more. Get yourself a professionally constructed and covered beauty!

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Wing Span:1400mm(55.1″)
  • Length:1640mm(64.5 ″)
  • Weight:7.5 LBs 
  • Wing Area:49.2dm2 (763sq in)
  • Wing Loading:69.1~71.2g/dm2 (24.3~25.1oz/sq in)
  • Engine: Glow (.60 - .89)
  • Radio system: 5ch(Not Included)
  • Servos: 8 servos (Not Included)
  • Controls:
       - Throttle
       - Elevator
       - Rudder
       - Ailerons
    ..."

Yes, concur with the advertising blurb. Mine was the yellow version which I didn't actually like much as the more attractive red one in the advert wasn't available. Even the retracts worked OK. Only real issue was the limited ground clearance for the prop which meant under propping even with a three blader, especially with the larger recommended size motors.

Just too noisy to fly in a club environment and risk upsetting the neighbours.