Futaba 6EXPA

Keat

Guys.

I've been offered a Futaba 6EXPA, pretty cheap, however, it's mode 1, and I'm learning mode 2.

I already own a 6EXPA, I need another transmitter, for a buddy system. The book explains how to reprogram the modes, however it says it needs to go to a Futaba service centre for the detent changing over.

Of course, sending it away, may result in it not being cost effective.

I'm handy with most things, so taking it apart, and figuring out where the detent is, will not phase me or cause too much of a problem.

My question is.. does the detent from a mode 1, fit the other stick, has anyone converted a mode 1, to a mode 2, and before I buy this thing, then jump in and take the back off, has anyone got any tips.

Tha manual says to hold down Mode and Select whilst switching on.  The LCD will display the current stick mode. Use the mode input button (the little black one on the right) to change the mode.

It also says you need to change the detent. 

General consesus is to move the ratchet from one side to the other, and swap the return spring around. I found another thread that suggests, tying the spring with a cotton thread, and using the thread to remove it, otherwise, there is a chance it will ping off, and you'll lose it.

A piece of cake.

For anyone contemplating this, and I wished I'd taken a few photos, it's really very simple.

The Detent on the throttle is in the shape of a small flat metal clip held on with one screw. Remove the screw, remove the clip, and transfer to the other stick... Note that it fits the the opposite side.

The spring is fiddly, I used a pice of copper wire with a hook on the end. Remove the spring, remove what looks like a plastic cam, (just lifts out). Fit the cam on the other stick.. note that it fits the opposite side, and refit the spring.

In all honesty, the hardesy job was getting the four screws off the back cover