Very new to RC - Hello!

Bill Cheesman

Hello and a Happy New Year.

I started fixed wing flying lessons last year - had I got the bread, I would have had a lot more lessons but hey-ho. Having bored my family to death with how much I would like to fly, the discussion got around to RC flying and I said it seemed like a good idea.

My son is nothing if not practical, and for Christmas has bought me a Lama-5 helicopter!!!

Now, I have had the controls of a Sioux and a Whirlwind very briefly (about 40 years ago!!) but nothing prepared me for this. The short flight (battery) duration is a bit of a bind as, by the time I get the battery recharged, I've forgotten where I was before (senior moments!). Anyway, to cut the ramblings of an old man, I can see the benefits to my quality of life by being able to master this little beast - if only I could get it off the ground.

I see there is a forum for Lama-5 pilots on here so will probably bore the pants off them as well.

Nice to be here. 

Advert

Hi Bill and welcome aboard the friendly forum

Please take time to check the various beginners thread, and notes on using the forum - and if you fill a little in on your profile, you will be sure to get more response to any questions you may have.

Once again, welcome, and have fun. .....Timbo.

Hmmm, the site seems to be having a few problems with copy and paste at the moment - I had all these preset and text to match  ( as you probably realised ) but the site just isnt playing ball at present - so I am waiting 'til the new platform gets up and running and then hopefully all will be fine again