Sticky Stuff – Part One

Dave Blakemore

Advert

Your posts not aimed at me but i may add........

If that's the case i just happen to be a keeper of various tropical fish. The Silicone is indeed different to the average tube of DIY stuff! It's weather proof, stronger and we use it for fish tanks as it doesn't have harmful odours for the fish. It is no more heavy than DIY silicone but in general silicone is heavy so use it sparingly, it's very very strong stuff (holding half a tonne of water together on my large tank!). I have not bought my first plane yet (doing it this weekend) so can't offer any tips on using aquarium grade silicone on RC planes but a waffer thin peice of aquatic silicone would be dam strong and could have a hinge effect.

Most aquatic shops of a reasonable size will stock it (small pet shops normally don't), it is readily available in black or semi transluscent.

Hope that is of some help.

I once did a favour for my girlfriend by sticking a load of interesting shaped stones together with aguarium silicone, but didn't wait long enough for it to cure before putting it in the tank.

I killed all the fish.

We are no longer an item.

I appear to have got this thread further off track than Eric, so to get it back on track: Can Silicone sealant be used to seal an engine bay from glow fuel (around snake runs and fuel/pressure/fill lines), or will it  deteriorate?