Thunder Tiger Trainer

Alex Leigh

I'd love to say it was damaged by some amazing flying manouver that went bad at the last minute. Sadly this would be over egging the truth somewhat. I'd had the model home - ohh about - 10 minutes when my wife decided to move the wings to a safer place

Safer than behind a cabinet on a foam bed and wrapped in a blanket? Let's just leave that for now should we

Anyway she misjudged the length of the span in relationship to the height of the roof. So the wingtip was trashed. Pretty nastily, split an deformed. I've taken it off but it's not repairable (by me!) as it's just a plastic end cap.

Can I get another one easily? Not obvious from a web search.

I am opening a bottle of wine right now rather than opening domestic hostilities

Advert

When my trainer did a cart wheelon the tips it damaged both tips but amazingly no other damage. I trimmed and sanded them both back to flat with slightly rounded corners. little bit of a filler where req. the covered in filled. I have had many flights since and no problems. My trainer has survived more than its far share of battle scars and is still with me today. Long out living a few of my other quests.  

I use builders foam in small cans which you can buy from most DIY shops. I rebuild the damaged parts which are left as close as possible to the original shape and hold together with clear tape, I then fill with the buiders foam remember not to over fill as the foam expands, it is always best to make sure there are a couple of holes for the foam to escape while it expands.  When the foam has set it can be cut and sanded to the requires shape then painted to match.  I have just repaired my wingdroops on a Raptor trainer, you would find it hard to notice the repair