Black Horse Twister or Thuder Tiger Sport 40L

As my previous thread about the BH Spitfire morphed into my choice of replacement for a second plane, I thought it best to start a correct titled thread!

Any experience or knowledge on either of these two models and advice on,  or preferences re tricycle or tail dragger undercarriage, as these two have the two different setup!

Advert

I've just found a thread on here about the Prangster model, it seems virtually understructable, one guy even crashed from 500ft, and was hoping to fly the next day! Ugly looking though, but would seem an ideal every day usuage plane even capable of 3D.

What is the difference between the 3D model and the standard one, the price is the same?

My FS 52 would be at the top end for this, so it might well be worth considering, your thoughts please!

I think I will hold and do some more research I not really keen on a foam model even if it is tough, I think it will have to be a balsa / wood model, most people I spoken too, reckon I should go for a BH Travel air or speed air , but I do like the Twister!

I even read there is a YT Twister, but at a higer cost than the BH, anyone know of the YT models quality justifying the higher cost, it does look nicer!! 
Als Hobbies under YT at  £139 compared with the BH version under £80 !

I'm not sure about the quality of YT kits as i've never built one, but looking at the descriptions of the twister it looks like its aimed at 3D flying, so if its set up as per the recomendations I would expect it to be really sensitive. As its a 3D model the controll surfaces will be big and very effective, so you would probably need to set it up with minmal deflections, and the centre of gravity much further forewards than in the manual.  My advice would be to go with the black horse, and get used to a low winger, then once you're more comortable with that, go for the twister or similar.