Basics of two stroke glow exhausts

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Hello Peter, have been flying now several times with only one baffle and the motor has performed perfectly, tried today with the second baffle back in the silencer and problem returned.

Surprised Just Engines didn't mention this could be the cause when I spoke to them originally.

Hi Peter, Have spoken to Just Engines and you are right, it is the super silencer as the standard as supplied only has one baffle and no shiney centre section as mine does.

I am going to try drilling out the holes on the first baffle to see if that will keep the motor running and also reduce the noise level which is noticeably louder with it missing.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning Peter, sorry about the delay in replying but my laptop has been up the swannee for a while.
Yes apparently that silencer does have two baffles: have tried drilling out the first one nearest the motor exhaust ( the holes were more like eyelids) to reduce the back pressure.

The motor did run a little better but still not happy so I just took the baffle out again and it runs o.k.

We live and learn.

Garry G

Have looked on Just Engines website in 2 stroke silencers and the Super Quiet silencer  only comes with one baffle so why I have 2 in mine is a mistery.Don't actually remember ordering one but must have.
Check out the website as it has some information about changing the location of the baffle and also adapting it.

Regards
 Garry G

• 3 weeks later...