DX6i Mixing

James M

Hi all

I am using a dx6i with an AR500 (5 channel) on an easy glider electric and I want to use flapperons for landing.  I have tried to manually mix the flapperons onto the gear channel instead of to the flap (aux1) channel, to give the same effect as the dual aileron mix in the wing mix menu on a 5 channel receiver but no joy.

I saw this article on programming the DX7 on the rc-soar website (sorry, looking on the side of the fence!)  It mentioned that you can map the gear channel to do other things.  The seed firmly sown I tried and failed, but the theory is good and  wondering if any brighter sparks than me can do it ??

I mixed the gear channel to the flap channel with the the dual aileron set in the wing mix and set the gear channel to 0/0 so it doesn't interfer as per the website for the dx7 but no joy.  I then tried mixing the ailerons to the gear channel directly as well but no joy.

the disable step on the dx7 log.

"STEP 3: Disable the 'Gear' switch

The Gear function must be disabled, so it doesn't affect channel 5.

1. Enter the SERVO TRAVEL menu
  2. Set the servo travel for 'Gear' to zero/zero."

Mix 1 was
Ailerons to gear  rate L +100% to R +100%

OR

Mix 1 was
Flaps to gear  Rate D +100% to U +100%

With the gear travel adjust set to 0/0 it doesn't move from the centre on the monitor, on the 100% / 100% I can get the gear to travel up and down the scale in sync with the aileron but not starting at the middle, it starts at either end depending on the switch position   

I'm stuck can it be done ??  (or am I asking to much from my humble Tx)

Be nice if you can as it is easy to fit the AR500 into the easy glider.  I know that I could buy an extention to the remote lead on an AR6200 and put it to the back of the battery bay sutiably wrapped in foam but I think that the programming option is a neater solution.

James

PS my DX6i looks ok but I can't see the sticker they mention about the dates

Advert