Controllers for FMS

David E

Just wondering if anyone can point me to a source of "fake" transmitters for use on FMS on win XP, as the only one I've found so far is the one shipped with reality craft. That's the kind of thing I'm after, and £20 isnt too bad for a controller even if there wasn't a sim included. Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock, with no indication of when they might have more.

Any other options I should check out?

I'm considering buying some proper radio kit and a trainer in the spring, but for now all I have is an E-flite MLP4DSM that came with my Blade MCX, and being very basic doesn't have a buddy connector.

At the moment I'm having to use a joystick, but as it's a massive great handle and rudder is controlled by twisting the stick, and the throttle is a wheel, it's far from ideal. I'd like to get some practice while it's dark and cold to see how I get on, before splashing any significant cash on real kit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried downloading the latest version? The version that came with my ESky controller was not the latest, as the CD was probably made some time ago.

There is a reasonable troubleshooting section on the FMS website. I'm afraid you'll need to provide a bit more detail for any help here though!

My experiences of it have been generally good, though I'm a bit baffled as to whether it's possible to control the gear? I have downloaded several models that have two versions - gear and flaps up or down, and wondered if the sim has a facility to switch between them mid-air?

hi,
ive used fms its ok for a low cost sim as for the rear flap thing as far as i know thay are just versions of the same model and cant be changed in flight,there is no extra channels only the 4 main ones,on the tx side of things there is a usb inter face that can be made or brought to use any real tx(i just use the fms tx).
There are many extra models out in the tinterweb as free downloads.

Ian