Wattage Mirage 2000 (electric)

Hello there.

Does anyone know of anywhere that may still have any of the old "Wattage Mirage 2000" kits available?
I've had mine forever, and am ashamed to say that I love it to bits (Literally!!), and after parking it in a tree, and a somewhat over zealous high speed landing, and a friend throwing it into the floor rather than the air!!, it's only a matter of time before the tape holding it together becomes too heavy for it to take to the skies any more.

I've looked all over, and the only substitute I can find is a ducted fan version, with wheels!!!

The kit was silly cheap, and I wish I had bought two, and kept one, but alas, I didn't.

Any help / info would be great thank you.

Happy flying.

Regards.

Andy

Advert

How about taking it apart carefully and doing a set of drawings for it, then you can make your own from foam or whatever, it isnt hard to do.
In 1944 a B29 overflew Japan and made an emergency landing in Russia, just over a year later the Russians are flying clone B29's because thats exactly what they did, pulled the American B29 to bits and did drawings which went straight to the aircraft factories for manufacture.
Even the engines were copied as they were well in advance of anything the Russians had at the time, with a set of templates from your present 2000 you could make them for ever more and if you bust a wing just make a new one,

regards,        Terry

Many Thanks for your suggestion.

Hadn't thought of trying that approach.
I was considering trying to fabricate a new nose piece out of some high density polystyrine I've got in the garage, but hadn't thought of "cloning" the whole thing!!
Worth a go I suppose (Hot Wire, Here I come!!)

Cheers.

Andy.