DX6i, same model preset bound to two receivers

Andy Harris

On my Son's DX6i we created a 'model' for the FreeBee and one for the Mini Pulse.

Now we find that the Pulse doesn't work and the FreeBee setting is 'bound' to both models.

Oddly enough the trims on both models are so close it doesn't matter in practical use.

However I thought this should not be possible.

Andy

Advert

I'm wondering how bulletproof the DSM2 system really is - at our club indoor meetings, I sometimes hear complaints that DSM2 a/c such as Ember 2s, Vapors and MCXs are getting connected to other people's transmitters when they are switched on.

What are other people's experiences with this kind of thing? Is it just a problem with the cheapy LP4DSM Tx?

I suggest that it is procedural rather than a "fault" 
Bear in mind that the binding procedure for the Vapors and MCXs etc is easier and more likely to be done accidentally than regualr Spektrum Rx. Anyone switching on a Vapor etc before the Tx has effectively put the model in bind mode - no bind plugs etc to do on these simple models.
I have a vapor and a blade mcx and have never experienced any sush issues - also was at an indoor session last night with at least half a dozen of these things flying around and changing batteries etc - no problems whatsoever.
DSM2 does not differ from DSM(1) in the way that model memory and binding takes place - it merely reflects better and faster signal diversity and reception.

Had a similar problem with my mcx it soft landed twice after changing the battery  for a fully charged one it also seems slow to find the tx on occasions, this seems to be worse when my son is messing on his pc through the livebox, or could that just be me ???. Good excuse to get him to do his homework though. (daddy needs his practice) 
also just cant seem to get adding different models to the dx6i right (any chance of a tutorial) pictures are good for us birmingham screwdriver experts!!!!!!!   TA

I did post a reply, but it got lost!

I was thinking that the internal organisation and model match would mean that there would be one RX bound to each preset.

As an aside I can't find a date code on the DX6i but it seems to behave perfectly on the monitor screen.

I have heard that it is possible to bind multiple MCXs to the same transmitter intentionally, so that they fly sychronised. Perhaps this is achieved by placing them all in bind mode and then turning on the Tx. I wonder if this is what happend with your two models, Andy? Could the first model have been unintentionally placed in bind mode when the second one was bound?

I'm slightly unclear about how Model Match works exactly. Unless there is two way communication, it seems hard to imagine that it's impossible to bind two models to the same memory simultaneously. Perhaps the Tx generates a unique ID that the Rx is told to respond to each time binding occurs, so that if a second model is bound, the first one stops responding. However, if both are bound at the same time, they would both be set to respond to the same ID.

Have you tried rebinding them both to seperate model memories?

I heard that DX6i Txs witout date codes are not affected by the recall.

• 3 months later...