Messed up E Mail notification of new posts/un subscribe fiddles.

Flanker .

Well ok things have to be updated I suppose but there seem to be some retro steps in forum usability

1) A simple e mail telling one of a new post was exciting, one would anticipate (which is nice) reading a new post. Now the content of the post is in the e mail. How boring is that!!??.  No need to log on to read it. On the face of it clever and good. Reality, rather dull and unnecessary in my opinion. Why mess with stuff that works. Also to un subscribe to a thread one would simply click a link. Now one has to piddle about with "my bookmarks" . It took a while to spot the little bin symbol  that presumably does the same job. More work and pointless. Used to be one click. Now many clicks. Not good.

2) There used to be a simple "Reply" button for a thread, seems to have vanished. Why?

All in all the new look seems less clear and requires more user input. Not good.
It realy is true that if somthing works don't muck with it. Many buttons have been moved, folk get used to button placement. Changing it is annoying as one has to search for them. Not long but still a pain. Like the "edit" button I just needed...  And now I need to re post after the edit...

Hmmmmmm. Flanker (I work in IT by the way)

Advert