Mini Jazz

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Blimey, 18 months have passed since i last posted.

I lost interest in the build for some reason, but recently bought myself a hobbyzone champ to teach myself to fly. I've only flown it a few times due to too much wind ( weather wind, not my own) but it has rekindled my interest in the jazz.

So, I've just bought an electric motor, esc etc and will finish the build-hopefully!

Will post some pics up soon.

Ian.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally joined a club to help me learn to fly (have a wot4 and a swift2 wing) and took the electric mini jazz out in case somebody would attempt to fly it!

My luck was in and after a little trimming, she flew fine!

She.s about 6 ounces over weight but seemed to have plenty of power, will see if it prop hangs one day!!

Nice one. They do fly really nicely, though I am no lover of el%&*$£c.

I have the Mini Jazz and the scale up "Maxi Jazz" as I call it.

This weekend just gone I took my wife`s work mascot for a fly in the Maxi Jazz. It`s a long story.teeth 2

Apologies for the poor picture quality, but I have as yet not learnt to fly and take pictures at the same time. Poor standin took the flying shots.

The panda allthough light was well behind the CofG and really made flying the Maxi Jazz "fun!!!"

panda fly (1).jpg

panda fly (2).jpg

panda fly (3).jpg

panda fly (4).jpg

panda fly (5).jpg

Yep that poor landing cost me an undercarriage bolt and a prop. Still made the people at wifey`s work smile. Apparently panda is epic!!

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 01/07/2013 17:14:33

• 4 weeks later...

Been learning aileron control on a swift2 flying wing and decided to buy a artf sbach with an 800mm wing span to practise landings. I've been cheating a little and used a 3 axis gyro type receiver, switching it off once in the air and back on when I get into trouble!

Well it must have worked well as I fitted it into the mini jazz and put a standard receiver then promptly crashed the sbach with a dozen pieces of foam flying off and a bent motor shaft.

Well, finally plucked the courage to take the mini jazz up with the gyro receiver, had 2 short flights and took it home with a mile on my face!

• 2 weeks later...

just little bits like the wing section on the wing plan is diferent to the fuz plan and with the fuz curving at f3 the height reduces so the plan of the fuz sides needs to be a little higher to compensate , but itsnothing . ive made lite ply temps of everything so if i destroy it i can knock them up quicker. , not much at all to them . think the fuz is under a100 grams , wonder if she will indoor???? , what you using for an U/C. i was thinking of a carbon one , dont know where from yet though. any way when i get on ill do some more pics, thanks BEN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robin, apologies for not replying, but the new reply notification went to an old email address??

Anyway, I used a Turnigy 2836/8 1100kv motor from Hobbyking, a Hobbyking 40a ESC with BEC and an 1800mah 3S Lipo.

My Jazz is a little too heavy as I 'over engineered' it, but it'll fly fine, but not climb vertically for long as the thrust is very close to the weight of the plane.

I'm currently building a lighter fuselage!!

I also have some overlander 2200mah Lipos I may use as the extra weight will be offset by removing some lead from the nose!!

There're different versions of the 2836, i used the 8 pole 1100kv one.

I finish work at 3, but it was too windy here so spent the afternoon making a new fuselage. Tomorrow is supposed to be calm.

I took the jazz out at dusk yesterday, never again-I kept losing orientation, not helped by bumping into an old schoolfriend either!

Ian.