Spektrum Conversion modules for Hitec Optic 6

Hi,
I have a couple of Optic 6 transmitters that currently operate on 35mhz. I would like to be able to convert to 2.4ghz but Hitec don't seem to do a 2.4ghz conversion module yet.

However, in the April issue of RCME, a gentleman recently sold a Hitec Optic 6 tranny that was, he claimed, fitted with a Spektrum conversion module, presumably DSM2, that is designed for converting Futaba radios. I contacted him and he said he got his from Robotbirds, it fit the Hitec module socket in the Hitec tranny and worked perfectly with the spectrum receiver that was supplied with it. I have contacted Robotbirds about this and they say that it only works with Futaba radios.  Can anybody shed some light on this please as the conversion kits are a little too expensive to buy without knowing for certain?

Cheers

Advert

hi Barry i too have the optic someone said that jeti do a module see puffin models website, didn't check though got bought a dx6i for xmas

regards paul

p.s was an article recently in features section i believe , I had problems with my optic i got it second hand off that auction site it turned out to be futaba crystals since using hitec ones not a problem, don't know if this has a bearingon the speccy module though perhaps timbo's your man.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the link. Despite what Robotbirds are saying, it would seem that the Spektrum Air Modules for Futaba (DSM2 type) do indeed work ok in Optic 6 trannies.  This is bril because it will be a cheaper alternative than buying overpriced Futaba 2.4 receivers.