Vapor Brick servo travel

I have just used one of these with elevon mixing using a DX6i and noticed that from the centre position the amount of movement is different away from the gear to towards the gear using either elevator or aileron it is the same for each servo and is about twice the amount for the same stick movement.
This means that in one direction when stick movement adds up the servos can stall at the ned of travel.
I checked this using 2 different transmitters and 2 different brick units. I managed to fix by changing the travel in the transmitter settings. I reduced the travel to about 60% in one direction only on both the elvator and aileron stick.
It is worth checking as in my case I was getting more down than up both for elevator and aileron movement.
I have not checked if it happens when used without mixing as in normal setup as used in the Vapor however when I mentioned to a freind he thought he remembered noticing a similar thing.
Not sure if brick problem or transmitter problem though not noticed using same mix on a flying wing with servos and 6100 receiver so suspect the brick.
Both of the bricks are the ones without the green dot.

Eric

Advert