Trainer - Which One

brad

Advert

Agree 100% with Eric. Trainers are a means to an end. No point getting emotionally attached to them as you will crash them at some point. I have two second hand ones, and once (if I can ever get my act together and stop flying slope to get some instruction!) I have passed my "A", I'm giving one to the club for the juniors and nicking the radio gear out of the other one for something more interesting.

They all seem fly about the same. I'd go for something

a) cheap
b) easy to build

And then, as Eric says, sort yourself a club and instructor. I don't have experience of either of those models but my Seagull Boomerang and Thunder Tiger Trainer both are perfect for learning with.

Hi Brad.... all advice given is spot on and I hope you find the information useful and will act upon it. There are an increasing number of suitable first time models these days, and a lot depends on budget too.
As mentioned, one of my favourites for absolute beginners ( as a taster really ) is the V trainer.....HERE and this goes beyond the toys that abound the shelves of everywhere these dys - it takes "proper" radio gear which can be later used in your next model. As Eric says, get a larger rather than smaller model for your first  - much easier to fly and see, and if you cant see it you cant fly it.
One of the most common reasons for beginers crashing is flying the model too far away. 
They very soon get awful small dots on the horizon!

Alex is right in what he says about not getting emotionally attached, as sooner or later you will break it, but.......

If you want to do do more than buy and fly, kits can be very rewarding.

Building a trainer will teach you how to put one together, take a look at the Mascot, now back in production from DB Sport & Scale

So buy your ARTF to get some stick time and at the same time be building.

Andy