Which prop?

Advert

I run an 11x7APC on my Turnigy 35-42 1100kv & get 38A on a 3S battery so an 11x7 on this motor might be a little small. Looking on the web people seem to use anything from 11x6 to 14x7 although 12x6 & 13x4 seem very popular props for the Acromaster......

It depends on what performance you're looking for & what battery you have I suppose. Start with an 11x7 or 12x6 & work from there.......Just remember the Whattmeter is your friend here.....

Thanks chaps, am i right in thinking that its the max current drawn x the battery voltage = the wattage?

The motor advert says its 500 watts+ so im guessing as long as i stay around that figure things will get on ok right?

Im using Emax 20C 3 cell packs.

John

Correct.
However one slightly potentially  misleading thing about quoting maximum wattage on motors is that they are designed for a particualar cell count range
EG: say  3 - 5 cells or whatever.
In this case, with the  minimum recommended cell count of 3 ( approx 10.5V ) and the maximum wattage of 500  the motor would be pulling around 50A.
However....theoretically one could use 1 cell @ 3.5V and prop it to still reach the maximum 500 Watts but the current required would now  be 142 Amps - resulting most likely in the magic smoke and melted windings

Yep 4" is a pretty shallow pitch but apparently its popular with the 3D guys as it a) reduces torque reaction when prop hanging b) keeps the top speed down. This is what our club 3D expert told me anyway.......when I try 3D flying it is best viewed through those red & green glasses...or even better between the fingers of a hand placed over the eyes!!!

I have a 13x4 on a 52 ic powered 3D type model & it certainly does what it's supposed to..ie good pull at low speeds  & limited top speed despite the motor screaming away!!!

I suppose it depends on what you want the model to do!!!!!