Flaps and elevator on sea fury

Phil  Claridge

i think this question will be for our resident sage sir timbo, i have just got a sea fury and i have fitted an ar7000 rx but i have a dx6i tranny and i cant figure out how to get the flaps working independantly for the elevators do the servo's plug in to aux 1 or aux 2. next question the elevator is two piece on two servo's can i use aux 1 or aux 2 to slave with the elevator channel. i must admit i am a bit of a dumb nut on programming tranny's but i have found the dx6i easier than my old ff7 thank for any help you can give me
regards phil

Advert

Hi Phil. Not sure what you mean by flaps independantly for the elevators?
Are you using flapperons or seperate actual flaps on the wing?
If it is flapperons, then use aux 1  and aileron channel, having first set up wing mix to flapperons in system menu.
In this case, for mixing elevators, you will need to use aux 2, (or indeed any spare channel)  and simply use a free mix to couple it to elevator. You could of course just Y lead the 2 x servos for elevators. Cant remember off hand how many mixes there are in the DX6i...perhaps its only 2 - my DX7 has 6 free and two fixed. I think

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 21/04/2009 11:15:38

hi timbo what i meant was flaps independant from the elevators . the elevators are working on two servo's that are mirror image so if i connect them together they work like ailerons ,the manual says you can mix one channel with any other or with its self what i hoped to do was mix elevator with elevator slave but reverse one servo but i think my easiest option is to move one servo and use the oposite arm as the three servo's for rudder and elevator are close together, the ailerons are on a y lead because i have only one aux  channel spare . i will have another go at programming the tranny later
thanks for your help regards phil