Anybody tried the HK450 from Hobbyking?

Ben Mullins

Hi All,

Has anyone tried the HK450 from Hobby King? Seems remarkably good value at around £25! Its obviously a rip off of the T REX 450, but im not complaining. I've not tried RC Helicopters before (Apart from a Silverlit Jobby, Hasn't everyone!). At the price this thing is going at I think I might just have a go. Is it suitable for beginners? And what are the controls, I don't quite understand why you need more than 4 channels.

Thanks

Ben

Advert

Hi Ben
This is not for the beginner, it is a full blowen 3d heli and will proberly put you of heli's, so If you are looking to start flying 4 channel helis I would try a cx countre rotating job this will get you into learning to hover the safe way, and the inexspencive way, as 3d is not a good starting point, unless you have got a good club to go to with people who can spend the time getting you sorted out, so give it a miss as by the time you have added all the parts to it will cost you plenty, there is no sutch thing as a cheap 3d heli.
Good luck Owen. 

hi guys.
your ok with the 'black hawk' , 'hkh 450' , or the 'hk 450' they are all plastic head v1 trex frame v 2 trex compatable.
I got the 'HKH 450' and have just gone flybar less with it, cheap but nice frame, if setup properly its as good as a rex!!
at £30+ you wont get a better frame, even if you do as I did and throw the head etc in the spares box its still cheap.
the tail main gear tends to slip on the shaft so swap that out for trex and the screws are crap so need a align or similar frame screw set.
but yes its good
here is a vid while playing with pit and th curves for the flybarless head.

still playing with the curves
no extra electronics just a good tx :-}
regards
don

Edited By DON WILSON on 31/05/2009 23:01:52

Edited By DON WILSON on 31/05/2009 23:04:25