New 2.4 AR9300

Derek

Having carbon fuz models in my fleet i was interested in the new carbon friendly R/X, has anyone used one yet?

If yes is it any good, or is it possable to extend the whiskas on the other R/X to achieve the same result, ie, whiskas sticking outside the fuz, do not need to be to long as most F3b/j fuzelages are quite narrow?

• 1 month later...
Advert

I just got one.  It'll take me a while to fit it and assess it in the air though.

Some US flyers have extended the aerials on the 'normal' Spektrum receivers with success.  Not the same as the genuine 9300 though, because that has coex grounded via special plugs onto the circuit board.  The modded normal receivers aren't grounded and so won't be as good in radio terms.  But people claim they're working good enough.

There is a £20 carbon extension receiver you can buy.  You could plug that into a normal 7000 or 9000 receiver.  Then you'd have two short aerials on the normal receiver and one carbon aerial on the extension receiver.  Might be good enough for your needs.