Flaps and elevator links

I am building a Beaver for a friend – it has separate elevators and flaps operated by two servos in each wing.  I plan to use a FF9 and an eight channel Rx – Channel 1 and 8 for the ailerons (to build in differential to allow for the flat bottom wing) and channel 6 and 7 for the flaps.  Ideally I would like to set up say 20% down on the flaps for takeoff and maybe 45% for landing linked to the three position switch on the top of the Tx to avoid fiddling for the knob on the top left.  How do I set this up?  

Advert

Hello Paul. Channels 1 and 8 are good for the ailerons, but why not just link the flaps to the three position switch with a Y lead? You will need to make sure both output arms are set up the same on each servo so that the throws are equal but apart from that...easy.

Thank you for your advice Simon.  The reason for using the two channels 6 and 7 was to avoid the need for a servo reverser and as suggested by Futaba but for gliders where they are linked to the throttle stick.  Do you know how to link the flap movement to the three point switch to replace the know control which seems very fiddly?  Thanks in advance for any further help. 

Sorry Paul, not quite with you...
You don't need a servo reverser, just face both flap servos the same way, ie both output arms pointing to the right for example, then Y lead them to the three position switch, whichever channel that is. You should be able to adjust the flap throw via the computer, but start be setting the output arms to the appropriate positions on the servos, making sure both are set the same.