2 Mirages

Tom McDade

Not Photoshop, Tom, but a very crude attempt with copy and paste in 'Paint' by Microsoft (don't look too close). Although I did take the two photos used. So I offer no apology. The (1) Mirage is a real one hanging in the roof of the Valencia Museum of Arts and Sciences, well worth a visit, and a very photogenic site, used by Renault, Vauxhall etc. as a backdrop. Hope you like the picture.

Tom, Thanks, I should add that although I have a cheap digital camera, which IS very good, I still prefer my 1980's film SLR. Now everyone is jumping on the Digital bandwagon, this is virtually worthless, but this also means that top class lenses for it are now coming onto eBay at low prices.
Both the sunset and Mirage pictures were scanned from prints! One of my best photos, also a sunset, was taken on a £35 Olympus Trip camera. No problem in being a photo snob.

I have a big push-me-pull-you all the bells and whistles(one or two missing) digital SLR but I am horrified at the price of lenses and the bits to go with it. Fly, roll, loop and in to land (just in case a moderator is watching)
But I really enjoy going out on me tod and snapping away and being able to see the shots straight away.
Any way what great tips do you have for a brand new flyer? Snapped a wing today pulling out of my first loop!!! Plane burried itself three inches in and survived. A very proud daddy.

Tom, it depends on what you want out of flying, where you live and whether you want to improve rapidly or just fly around learning as you crash.
I would suggest firstly, get insured, 2, find someone locally with similar interests to yourself, who perhaps has some experience, and/or look for a club that suits you.