OS Wankel-value?

Yorkman

Hi all
I have inherited two OS Wankels from my father-he bought them maybe 12 years ago to go in a DC3, but they were never fitted. One was run-in as per the manufacturers instructions, and made a couple of flights in a hack model, the other, I'm fairly sure, is brand new untouched.
They are both in original boxes with paperwork etc.
Just wondered what I might expect to get for them? I only fly electric!
Cheers
Martin

Advert

Well Tower hobbies has them for $450 here

I guess the problem is they are a very niche engine, so how close you could get to that I don't know.  I would assume that many people wanting engines that small (.30 size- seems to run about .40 size) now fly electric, which again will cut down on the demand. 

Why not use them yourself in something special you will only pull out once in a blue moon?

At the well known internet auction site they seem to go for around £120 but as the price for a new one from a UK supplier is around £330, that seems like giving them away. Perhaps if you keep them for a few years they might increase in value when people have more disposable income..Or as suggested use them in a special project - another twin perhaps.

Edited By Richard Bond on 27/06/2009 06:53:10