A Flying Dog

Our 57 varieties rescue dog has a "thing" about model planes. He is also very fit and athletic.
This is the result of an earlier gentle "in antiicipation" nip as I was connecting the battery prior to a flight.

Today I was trying out the Wing Dragon with a 7x6 prop in place of the 7x4  in readiness for the faster flying "70%" wing.
As it was just a short test flight I did not fully charge the LiPo and walked to the field with the dog. First bad move!

The slightly coarser pitch certainly makes the plane go faster and seems to be quite a bit more effective at low throttle settings.

After a few minutes chasing round the field (even with the plane a hundred feet up!) the dog went for a swim to cool off.
Should have landed there and then but decided to go round again. Second bad move!

Invigorated and cooled off he spotted the plane on approach and at full tilt just managed to reach it a good 2 metres up. Only a light impact with no damage but I instinctively gave full throttle as the dog "flew" across my field of vision. Third bad move!
It caused the LVC to cut in.

Landed no problem but the dog not surprisingly assumed he had brought it down and went to finish it off. My shout prevented any sort of attack but for good measure he ran over it and put a foot through the wing.
Easy to fix but he was so proud of his achievement!

Advert