Irvine tutor 40

Advert

Hi paul, and welcome back.
I shall research for you, and get straight back.
Its quite possible these dyas to convert pretty much anything to leccy...but depends on budgetrs and so on. Questions first...
1) Can I assume you will use LiPo batteries?
2) Have you got the required good LiPo charger that will handle at least 4 cells?
 I'll be back.... as arnie says.

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 05/07/2009 20:01:39

Its designed around a .40 size IC, so you really need alow Kv motor swinging a decent sized prop of about 13 to14" X 6 or so. Aim for about 500 -600 Watts of power, and at these levels, you should consider a 4s Lipo of decent capacity ...about 3000 - 4000 mahr.
500 watts from a 4s Lipo is around 35A so allowing for margins, and maybe up to 600 Watts, thats about 35 - 45A.
An ESC of 50A minimum then is required.
Actually I may have an almost new outrunner motor that would be perfect .. I will dig around tomorrow.

great stuff tim your the man quick answers to. i/ll just need to get my head around it with of course the captain (kev) lol hope your reading this kev . as you will need plenty of room in your garage for some maintenance .dig out those screw drivers lol once again tim thanks for the help appreciated