Hangar 9 Alpha 40 trainer.

Hi all,

Just thought i would write some positive comments on the above as i note there have been some unfortunate people with bad models lately.

This was and still is my only RC model yet so i do not have much to compare it with.

Looks: Very traditional trainer and looks aesthetically very pleasing and modern. I still have nightmares about breaking it and it takes pride of place in my workshop!

Build quality: To me it seems brilliant. All i had to do was put tail feathers together, U/C on and a few other little details like ironing out wrinkles but apart from that it feels strong and has taken a few hangar bumps in its stride.
I also crashed on landing the other day due to left wing tip hitting the ground and causing prop strike. Large noise, somersault and after careful examination, only a broken prop and no airframe damage. Quite impressed and amazed.

Cost: To me it was a bargain at £250ish because it came with 90% of everything i needed to get flying. Granted, the DX5 and H9 servos are probably not the best about but they have done me so far without any probs. (Touch wood)

Engine: .45 Evo 2st PTS system. A dream to start and has not cut out on me yet. It sounds a bit noisy compared to others i heard but it does the job beautifully. Note: Prop changed from 3 blade to 2 bladed 11x6.

All in all, i am extremely pleased and so much so that i feel a Hangar 9 product as my next model is a must.

Cheers,

Ross.

Advert